For almost 50 years, our mission at Neighborhood HealthSource has worked to provide affordable, accessible healthcare to everyone, and to eliminate health disparities in the communities we serve. This year, we’re excited to announce that our clinics have been recognized by the Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) with five Quality Improvement Awards. These awards celebrate health centers in recognition of the work they do to expand access and improve services for their patients. Neighborhood HealthSource received:
· The Health Disparities Reducer Award for reducing disparities in blood pressure control for our black identifying population and reducing disparities in diabetes outcomes for our Hispanic/Latinx population.
· The Clinical Quality Improvers Award for improving our rates of depression screening and childhood immunization two-fold
· The Access Enhancer Award for expanding access to high quality, affordable healthcare by adding a fourth clinic site (North Metro Clinic).
· The Advancing Health Information Technology (HIT) for Quality Award for leveraging technology to improve the quality of our care provided by offering telehealth and using our medical record system to screen patients for the social determinants of health.
· Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition for maintaining our Patient Centered Medical Home (Health Care Home) certification at all four of our clinic sites.
We’re further honored to be the only health center in Minnesota to receive the Access Enhancer Award and the Health Disparities Reducer Award this year. A huge thank you and many congratulations to our providers and staff who are central to the work we do at Neighborhood HealthSource.