At Neighborhood HealthSource, we know that living a healthy life isn’t only about physical wellness. It’s also about having the support and resources you need, including access to food and housing, a safe home environment, and the ability to care for yourself and your family.
The coronavirus outbreak has left many in our community without such resources. This page will have a running list of organizations, agencies, and programs that are working to provide needed to support to those impacted by COVID-19.
This list will be updated on an ongoing basis. If you would like to contribute a resource listing you think we’re missing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the category and link.
- Minnesota Public Housing Authority: Updates and resources about coronavirus for people in public housing
- HousingLink.org: Affordable housing info and resources for renters/tenants
- Minnesota Housing & COVID-19: State housing agency resources (homeowner-focused)
- Hennepin County Emergency Rental Assistance: Assistance covering rent/housing costs for those impacted by COVID-19
- Hunger Solutions: Searchable directory of Minnesota food shelves, farmers markets, discount grocery retailers, and senior resources
- Minneapolis Public Schools: Meal pick-up for children available through MPS (including non-MPS kids/families) during school closures
- Saint Paul Public Schools: Meal pick-up and home delivery options for children through SPPS during school closures
- Twin Cities Mutual Aid Map: A searchable map of Twin Cities community locations distributing aid such as food and supplies, as well as sites seeking volunteers/donations.
- Minnesota Unemployment Insurance program: Apply for unemployment online
- MN resources for self-employed and contract workers
- Springboard for the Arts coronavirus resources: Arts Personal Emergency Relief Fund and resources list for artists and creative workers
Safety/Domestic & Sexual Violence Prevention
- Oasis of Love Crisis Intervention Center: Crisis intervention/support and 24/7 childcare services in North Minneapolis for people experiencing domestic violence
Our clinics are a resource both for COVID-19 related concerns and general primary care needs during this public health emergency. Neighborhood HealthSource’s mission is to provide affordable, accessible healthcare for all. We offer income-based payment options, and serve everyone regardless of whether or not they have insurance. Our staff also includes Patient Access Coordinators who can help you get health insurance, navigate the healthcare system, and apply for our sliding fee scale.
Neighborhood HealthSource has waived patient responsibility for any fees associated with COVID-19 testing, including fees related initial coronavirus-related telehealth screening appointments.
Other healthcare resources:
- Find testing locations in Minnesota* (State of MN)
- Mental health resources list (State of MN)
- Turning Point, Inc.: Organization offering culturally-specific chemical health care and resources, including housing services, for African Americans
- MNsure: Minnesota state health insurance marketplace
*For info about getting tested at Neighborhood HealthSource, visit our COVID-19 Patient Resources page.
- Homeline MN: Free and low-cost legal assistance, advocacy, and education for renters/tenants
- Springboard for the Arts legal resources list: COVID-19-related legal assistance and resources for financial, employment, and tax concerns